- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- VORAGO Technologies announces 4-channel Rad-Hard Latch-up Monitor IC solution, now sampling
wLITI's first CEX listing follows its recent listings on decentralized exchanges Uniswap and 1inch Exchange.
Having launched earlier this year, Liti Capital is already making waves in traditional investing by bringing litigation financing — an investment practice traditionally monopolized by hedge fund heavyweights and elite investors - to the masses.
"We are very excited to list on HitBTC," said Jonas Rey, CEO of Liti Capital, adding, "This represents a major milestone toward our goal of leveling the playing field for litigation finance. Legal claims are an extremely appealing asset class because they can be so lucrative, and we provide a means for anyone to get in on this exciting investment opportunity."
Founded in 2013, HitBTC is one of the oldest and largest spot-trading cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. It is well-known for its state-of-the-art matching engine, high-security measures and low trading fees. With a trading robot-friendly API and 24-hour customer service, HitBTC is a popular exchange with over 800 trading pairs and more than 400 spot instruments.
According to the HitBTC team, as a project that embodies a new paradigm for traditional investing, Liti Capital represents great potential. The exchange is proud to support an initiative that makes litigation financing, an attractive but prohibitive asset class, a viable investment strategy for every investor.
Putting traditional investing on the blockchain
Litigation financing is the practice of bringing in investors to cover the cost of a lawsuit or arbitration in exchange for a portion of the profit. Litigation financing specialists, such as Liti Capital, purchase litigation assets for cases they deem to have a high chance of winning.
More on PrAtlas
- Triangle Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- "Just Looking" Real Estate Program is a BIG Hit with Mississippi Area Residents
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Palm Beach Area Residents!
- New gallery exhibits including FROM FALLUJAH featuring four contemporary photographers work from Fallujah
- Healthline Gate Launches its Health and Medical Information News Website
While litigation financing often requires an initial investment of $500,000 to $1 million from an investor, Liti Capital makes it accessible for anyone with as little as $50. It does this by tokenizing shares in Liti Capital and paying out dividends to Liti Capital (LITI) equity token holders when a case in Liti Capital's portfolio is won.
wLITI, or "Wrapped LITI" — the token listed on HitBTC today — is Liti Capital's ERC-20 liquidity token. It doesn't provide access to dividends as LITI does, but wLITI can be exchanged for LITI tokens at a ratio of 5000 to 1. However, both tokens give holders the power to vote on how Liti Capital assets are used to finance crypto fraud cases that affect Liti Capital community members, an initiative that the company is dedicated to allocating between 5% and 10% of its yearly investment budget for.
Boasting a billion-dollar case portfolio
Liti Capital has already secured a healthy case portfolio with its largest case potentially worth more than $1 billion when it finally settles. Cases like these, which tend to be commercial rather than consumer or personal lawsuits, usually target large-scale corporate disputes valued at more than $10 million. While they could take years before a settlement is reached, successful litigation funders can expect to pocket between three and five times their initial investments, according to estimates by litigation finance expert Steven Friel.
To attain this goal, Liti Capital onboarded seasoned industry leader David Kay as chief information officer and executive chairman. Boasting more than a decade of experience as funding partner and portfolio manager of a billion-dollar private equity fund in the litigation financing space, Kay successfully enforced what was at the time the largest international arbitration award in history, bringing in over $1 billion in cash and securities.
More on PrAtlas
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Minneapolis Area Residents!
- Join Our 25th Year Celebration and Prayer for Peace Today
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
- One Park Financial, a Fund Street Technologies Brand, Wins Bronze Stevie® Award 3 Years in a Row
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Announces New Experts From Around the World
"Litigation assets generally don't correlate with the state of the economy, allowing litigation financing to thrive even in a bear market," Kay explained, adding, "A relative newcomer to the modern investment ecosystem, litigation financing is expected to double in market value within the next six years. Our investment team at Liti Capital is actively seeking out the top opportunities in litigation assets, and aims to add at least five more multi-million dollar cases to our portfolio by this time next year."
Trading date: Aug. 17, 2021, 3:00 pm UTC
Deposit opening: Aug. 16, 2021, 3:00 pm UTC
Trading pairs: wLITI/BTC
About Liti Capital:
Switzerland-based Liti Capital is a Swiss limited liability company specializing in litigation finance and fintech. Liti Capital buys litigation assets to fund lawsuits and provides a complete strategic solution along with connections with top law firms to help clients win their cases. Tokenized shares of the company lower the barrier of entry for retail investors and give token holders a vote in the company's decision-making process. Dividends are distributed to LITI token holders upon the success of the plaintiff. Jonas Rey, co-founder of Liti Capital, heads Athena Intelligence, one of the most successful intelligence agencies in Switzerland. His two co-founders, Andy Christen and Jaime Delgado, bring operational, innovation and technical skills together to round out the leadership team. David Kay, chief information officer, ran a billion-dollar private equity litigation finance firm in New York City before joining Liti Capital.
Liti Capital official channels:
Liti Capital website: https://liticapital.com
Liti Capital Telegram: https://t.me/Liti_Capital_Official
Liti Capital Telegram announcements: https://t.me/Liti_Capital_Official_ANN
Liti Capital LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/liti-capital/
Liti Capital Twitter: https://twitter.com/liticapital
Liti Capital Medium: https://medium.com/@liticapital
Latest on PrAtlas
- Southeast Asian Venture Builder RedFOX Labs Launches First SHOP Auction for RFOX VALT Metaverse
- Creating Art During The Pandemic Artist Cynthia Warden Launches Original Art Series Featuring Events Of 2020 and Beyond
- Latino Author Wants Better Representation of Latino and Hispanic Creatives Beyond Hispanic Heritage Month
- EdTech Startup Builds on Early Traction in Remote Proctoring with New Crowdfunding Round
- The Toothboss Expands Dental Hygiene Offering to Include Periodontal Care
- The 5-Star Reviews Keep Coming for "Shadows in Light"
- Kairos Strategy Group Announces Commitment to Global Efforts Advocating for Cybersecurity Best Practices during Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- SONSON® Launches New Bow Tie Collection Celebrating Creatives and Trailblazers: "EXCELLENCE"
- KLC Hires Dan Womack As New President
- Weld Money, cryptocurrency bank card startup, raises capital from Magnus Capital, HSVC Capital, and Concorde Capital
- Obsidian Anime Lab, where fans get to create an anime!
- BeeRemote Launches Hive Working Revolution
- Calvetta Phair, Founder of 'The On It Foundation', Announces a Partnership with 3R Technology, a Seattle-based e-waste Recycling Company
- Announcing Two Japan Evening "Light-up" Events in Autumn 2021
- Liti Capital Launches Staking for Token Holders
- Covid is NOT Over, and Daily Habits are More Important Than Ever
- Gold Coast Health Plan and AmericasHealth Plan Partner on Three-Year Medi-Cal Pilot Program
- Live Good and Union Station Homeless Services Unite To Hold "A Celebration of Love and Unity" Fundraising Event
- Braeden Lichti: How Have Pandemic Supply Chain Issues Impacted Businesses and Wall Street?
- National Association of Tax Professionals releases annual tax preparer fee study